Success in MLM comes from deciding that you are committed to the process; knowing your reason why; developing your story to share with others and then doing a few things consistently, over and over again.
1. Make a commitment – nothing ever really happens without the commitment first. When you lack commitment, you also lack focus and drive. It’s easy to put off until tomorrow what you can do today, right. Make a decision right now that you are committed and unstoppable.
• Commitment means you get serious.
• Treat your business like a business.
• Read books to help you get more committed.
2. Determine your “why.” Part of getting committed really starts with knowing why you are building a business and that is more than just “to earn some extra income” or “fire your boss.” Get much more specific. Dream and set goals. Create a dream board and look at it several times a day. Feel what it will be like when you are living your dream life, whatever that is.
• They say your why should be powerful enough to make you want to cry.
• Having a strong why will help you get through the rough times.
• It’s okay to have multiple whys. The more the better.
3. Develop your story. When you can easily share your story in a brief, 2 minute summary about why you started with your company; what you have experienced and what you see ahead for the future, you will find it much easier to talk about your business when people ask what you do. Spend some time writing it down; then practice and memorize so you don’t sound scripted.
• Stories help people relate to you.
• You can have more than one story.
• Stories can be product oriented, company oriented or opportunity oriented.
4. Share your story as many times a day as possible. This is all part of contacting, inviting and presenting. Set a goal for a minimum number of people who you will speak to each day about your business.
• Storytelling is an art. Practice it and you will become good.
• Stories draw people to you.
• Stories play on emotion so be sure your story is powerful.
5. Work with the willing. Some people will tell you no right away; some people will sign up and then tell you no; and some people will sign up and get busy. Work with the ones who call you; ask for your time and assistance; and demonstrate that they are serious about their own business and success. Don’t make the mistake of trying to drag others across the finish line.
• Some will, some won’t, so what.
• Some won’t, but then change their mind so stay in touch.
• Some take longer to get started than others, just be available and they will come to you.
6. Never stop growing your business and your front line. Make sure you schedule time in your day every day to continue working on your own sponsoring. This is the life blood of your business. Don’t fall into the trap of managing your team. You are a business owner, as is your team. Don’t be a manager!
• Personal Sponsorship is important for your business.
• You can’t expect your team to grow if you are not doing the same.
• You have to sponsor a few to find some really great business partners.
7. Be prepared to give it time. Building any business takes time and a home based business is no different Most traditional businesses take from 5-10 years to become profitable. If done right, a Network Marketing business can be profitable in the first year
• Use the 1/3/5/7 time frame.
• One year to learn the business and become profitable.
• 3 years to replace your current income.
• 5 years to significant income.
• 7 years to become World Class.
8. Have measurable goals, if you are committed and you work through the processes above you will see real progress over 90 days, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, 5 years.
• Create a goal sheet.
• Communicate your goals with your sponsor and your family.
• Be prepared to make some sacrifices in order to achieve your goals.
• Revise your goals as needed.
One of the best books on the process of becoming successful in your Network Marketing Business is Go Pro – 7 Steps to Becoming a Network Marketing Professional by Eric Worre. I’ve done a book review on this as well as having Eric Worre on my team training call. Feel free to listen to Eric answer questions on why this books is a must for anyone who desires to become a Network Marketing Professional.
That’s pretty much it. How simple can it get?
Here is to Your Success!