Fact is most people starting out in a home-based business are only interested in earning that extra income to help achieve those goals like pay off a car or mortgage, create a savings account for vacations or fun or even create a tax haven for their current income. Whatever reason you choose to start your network marketing business you would be surprised what you can accomplish on a “part-time” basis.
In this weeks post we will give you some ideas for maximizing your effort in 5-10 hours per week. The key to part-time is to set your goals, and work on them when it’s time. If you maximize that 1 hour per day you can get a lot done. Even if you only have 15 minutes 4 times a day you can get some things accomplished.
Most people think they don’t have any extra time now, and I will tell you that I am 100% certain that everyone has an “extra hour” per day. The time you are spending right now earning money for corporations like Facebook, Cable TV, NASCAR or some other sporting team can be turned into your own income that goes directly into your wallet.
Part Time Network Marketer’s make up the largest majority of our profession and most people start out part time. Don’t be fooled, though! It is very possible to build a full time business with part time effort.
Here are some ideas to make the most of a part time effort:
- Every Sunday evening, block out your calendar for those time slots that you have available to work your business. This may mean sacrificing a few things like TV for 4 hours a night, lunch out with the work gang, etc.
- Make every moment count. Again, focus. If you block out 5 to 10 hours per week, you must make the most of that time. That is not the time you spend lost in email; listening to company voice mail, opening mail, designing a flyer, etc. This is time that is spent doing one of three things – presenting your business, asking someone new to take a look, or following up with someone who has seen it.
- You must have a simple, duplicable and organized system for working through your contact list. Let the tools of your business do the work for you.
- Be consistent and persistent. Honor your business time and demand that others honor it, too. Get your calls out of the way early on, so you can relax and enjoy the rest of your day, doing whatever.
- Learn your business and the compensation plan, and develop a quick 5-10 minute presentation for explaining it. Don’t worry about knowing every fine details of the compensation plan. Know how to explain how to earn a couple hundred to one thousand dollars extra a month.
A full time effort has nothing to do with the hours available in the day. It’s what you do with that time that counts!
They key to starting and building a successful Network Marketing business is to just get started. Then continue and don’t give up.
One of our favorite ways to stay motivated and keep on track is to listen to personal development audio programs. You can do this while mowing the grass, riding in the car or exercising. One of my favorites is Jim Rohn. Jim’s easy to listen to format and his humorous message will keep you coming back as well as wanting more out of life and business. You can download an mp3 of Jim Rohn’s The Challenge to Succeed
Success in your business involves you learning, doing, and teaching others. Many tools are available to help you.
Here is to your Success!